Friday, November 30, 2012

Wishin for the Wishbone Chair

One class in college that I hated at the time, but now am very grateful for, was contemporary architecture and furniture. I mainly hated it because it was one of the few classes I took that involved lots of test taking, and tests and I did not get along well. But, to my surprise I actually learned a lot, and three years later can still name many of the chairs and buildings that we talked about. It makes me feel smart.

One of my favorite chairs that we learned about was the Wishbone chair by Hans Wegner. I loved it then, and I still love it now. I think it is so pretty, and love how versatile it is. It can be used in traditional spaces as well as more contemporary spaces. You can get them painted bright red or green, or you can leave them in their natural wood color. The design of the chair is so simple, but can still make a huge impact and change the feel of a space completely. If I had an unlimited budget, my tooshy would be resting in one of these guys right now!

wishbone chair
via
Wegner Wishbone Chair
via
wishbone chair
via
Love the huge lamp
via


Wishbone chair
via

Wishbone chair
via
Wishbone chair
via

3 comments:

  1. Still love this one too. There is a pink one I want from overstock sooooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never heard of them before. Well never knew what they were called, I have seen them before. Anyways I love the way they look also.

    New follower from the Weekend Blog Hop
    www.feliciaslegend.com

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me a note? Thank you, I LOVE that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...