Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simple Valentine Decor

I don't normally do much for Valentine's day as far as decorations go. A bowl full of festive candy is really all I need! But this year I decided that I wanted to add just a little something. Yesterday the kiddo and I went out to Michael's and strolled through the isles until I decided what I wanted to make. We came home with all the supplies to make this XOXO plaque, because, let's be honest, you can't have Valentine's day without hugs and kisses.


It was pretty simple to make and didn't take very long at all. Here's how I did it.


You'll need a plaque, some letters, glitter, paint and supplies, a hot glue gun, tacky glue, and ribbon. The plaque was only $2, and the letters were a dollar a piece, so this project was quite easy on the wallet.




Once the paint was dry I turned it over and hot glued the ribbon around the sides. Finally I used some tacky glue and glued my letters in place. And done! So simple. I then placed it next to the roses I got for my birthday. And that, my friends, is the extent of my Valentine's day decorating.




5 comments:

  1. This is So cute! I love coral and gold together :)

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I like just little touches of Valentine's day too. The colour combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept things pretty simple for Valentine's decor at my home, but I really, really like this idea! I am such a fan of these colors, the glitter especially, and the "XOXO" is too cute! I also love the detail with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is more decorating than i did. i love how this turned out - simple but pretty!!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold glitter makes me happy! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me a note? Thank you, I LOVE that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...