Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Goals for the New Year

First of all, Happy New Year! I am a little embarrassed to admit that I didn't even make to midnight on New Year's Eve. Yep, I am that old. We went out to a friend's house for a little get together, and since there were a lot of kids there we watched the ball drop on Eastern time. For those of you who don't feel like doing the math, that's 9:00 California time. So we were home and in bed by 10:30. I used to look forward to staying up late, now I look forward to going to bed early. It's crazy what having a kid will do to you!

I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, it just feels like too much pressure. However, there are a few things that I plan on working on this year.


via
I like to say that I am organized, when I look at pictures like this, I realize that I am a mess! This year I want to really work on getting rid of some clutter.

 Most of the walls in my house are still barren. It's sad. I've been meaning to put artwork up, but I just haven't done it yet. So that is definitely on my list. I also want to get a rug for under my dining talble. I have my eyes on the Alvine rug from Ikea.
When I started this blog last year it was supposed to be a way to help start and grow an interior design business. I then got scared and focused more on the blog than the business, so I haven't done near the amount of client work that I wanted to do. This year I plan to turn that around!







7 comments:

  1. These are all great goals! Good luck on growing the interior design business. As an interior design grad I can identify with it being a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that Alvine rug, I don't like how it looks on the site, but the picture you included here has me drooling! Great goals! I'm sure if you focus on it, you will get TONNES of clients. I'm sort of in the same boat, still timid! Good luck and happy new year dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals... I'm sure you will achieve a lot this year. Don't be too embarrassed about not making it to Midnight on New Year's eve........ I didn't either :) Happy New Year to you and your Family. Yels xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that rug...Such beautiful colors! I agree with not putting too much pressure on yourself, goals take time and sometimes they take a lifetime...pace yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything you hope to achieve. It's a little scary putting yourself out there to get design jobs, but it's surprising how quickly it grows! Happy New Year!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I have a lot in common...heres to wishing us both lots of luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I have yet to set the first goal other than SURVIVE. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

You want to leave me a note? Thank you, I LOVE that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...